Dear Riverside students and families
It is hard to believe that we’ve come to the end of June and of this very strange school year. Thank you for your patience as we worked through the many changes we experienced since March Break. Each day brought new challenges for parents, students and staff and we truly appreciated your feedback, support and participation during these unprecedented times.
We have several changes that are happening for the upcoming school year. We have to say farewell to some staff who have been with us this year and in some cases for several years.
Mr. Fry, Mr. Padfield and Ms. Poloczek will all be heading to teach at various schools in Bracebridge.
Mrs. Wood will be moving to Pine Glen Public School as a special education resource teacher.
Ms. McFarlane is leaving us and moving to VK Greer Public School.
Ms. Lines, Mrs. Nelson, Ms. Sasson, Mrs. Allen, Ms. Coombs and Mr. Hodge have completed their positions covering for staff on leave and will hopefully be back with us at some time in the future
Mrs. Bell, Ms. Loosely and Ms. Rand who have been working with us this year and who we also hope will be back with us next year.
Welcome, Mr. Richter who will be joining us at Riverside and welcome back to Ms. Harmon and Ms. deLagran.
Here are a few things for you to be aware of for the summer months:
- We will continue to keep the school community informed of changes and any information that comes forward about the start of the school year on our school website and/or by direct message to you via School Messenger
- We sincerely hope that we will have a more ‘typical’ start to the 2020/2021 school year in September, and families will be notified of their child’s class placement by phone message on Thursday, September 3rd.
- If you need to reach us through the summer, please send an e-mail message to [email protected]. We will be checking these messages periodically throughout the summer and will respond as soon as we can
- if you are planning on leaving the Riverside PS area for September 2020, please let us know by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
- if you are a new family with children in any grade from kindergarten to grade 8 looking to register at Riverside PS for September 2020, please register online by going to https://ereg.tldsb.ca/
We’d like to leave you with a year-end video to celebrate our time at Riverside this year.
https://www.wevideo.com/view/1761703962 Thank you to Mrs. Wood for putting this together for us. We hope that everyone has a safe and fun-filled summer. We look forward to seeing you all again in September.